Kids' Health is What We Do Best
Urgent & Emergency Care
Access to the Best Services
Urgent Care vs. Emergency Care
Urgent care is a good option when you have a medical problem that should be seen by a doctor within 48 hours, but it’s not life-threatening. If your condition is life or limb threatening, call 911.
Urgent Care is not Emergency Care. Urgent Care is needed when you have an injury or illness that must be treated within 48 hours Learn how to recognize the difference below.
How to Recognize an Emergency
Steps to Safety
Know when to:
Unsure if you need to go to urgent care? Call the Medical Advice line!
Medical Advice is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! Options include:
- Call your pediatrician’s office after hours for specific instructions
- Call CHPC’s Nurse Triage Line
- Call the Member Services number on your health insurance ID card
- Many pediatricians offer evening and/or weekend hours. Call your doctor’s office for details.
- Broken bones
- Bleeding that will not stop
- Trouble breathing
- Suddenly unable to see, move, or talk